Welcome to our parish family!Hello and welcome! We’re excited you’re here and would like to help answer any questions you may have about joining the parish or becoming a Catholic.
Reasons to Register:
- Registration enables the parish pastor and staff to get to know you better, and helps them be able to communicate with you by sending you mailings. Once you are registered, please notify the parish office of any changes in address or phone number.
- Members can expect pastoral care from their parish, including baptisms, anointing of the sick, and funerals.
- You must be registered in a parish to receive a Catholic wedding.
- Participate at Mass on Sundays, and also on the holy days of obligation.
- Go to Confession at least once a year.
- Receive Communion at least once a year during the Easter season.
- Join in fast and abstinence during Lent.
Children are considered members with their parents until they turn 18 years old. Once they are 18, it is their own responsibility to attend church and to register as a member independent of their parents.
If you would like to join our church call the parish at (814) 789-2022.
Thinking of joining the Roman Catholic Church? The Catholic RCIA stages are a good model of basic faith development. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process developed by the Catholic Church for prospective converts to Catholicism who are above the age of infant baptism. Candidates are gradually introduced to aspects of Catholic beliefs and practices.
RCIA unfolds in a series of stages. In the first stage, a person shows initial interest in the Catholic Church and a desire to learn more. He or she is an “Inquirer.” During the next period, called the Catechumenate, the person explores the teachings of the faith in a more systematic way. At Sunday Mass the catechumens and their teachers are often dismissed after the homily for further reflection on the readings of the day.
Learn more about the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
Here is an interesting article on BecomingCatholic.com.
Call the parish at (814) 789-2022 to learn more about becoming Catholic.